Rafflesia cantleyi

My latest trek to see the Rafflesia cantleyi in Ulu Geroh gave me an opportunity to photograph the various stages of this beautiful and fascinating flower - from bud to decline. My finger/hand had been placed near to the flower for size comparison. And in case there are some over enthusiastic people out there who may be getting ready to bombard me with their "holier-than-thou" attitudes, at no time did my finger or hand touch the flower.

This is the bud-stage. It takes 9 months to journey from bud to bloom.


A bigger bud.




Almost ready to bloom.


The beautiful flower.


Size comparison.


The beautiful Rafflesia cantleyi.


This is what the inside of the Rafflesia looks like.


The Rafflesia, as seen from the trek.


The bloom starts to wither after 3 - 4 days. This is the sad decline.


http://hawkspy.blogspot.com/2008/01/rafflesia-cantleyi.html

Comments :

0 comments to “Rafflesia cantleyi”

Post a Comment